The Ten Thousand Villages‘ end-of-season clearance email arrived in my inbox over the weekend, and I immediately fell prey to the lure of its eye-candy. As I was looking, I kept thinking to myself, “That would be great for such and such event,” and here we are with this week’s inspiration post.
Of course, I would be lying if I didn’t tell you that part of the reason for this post is to share the awesomeness that is Ten Thousand Villages. (If you don’t know who they are read about them on the website, then find a store near you and go buy all the things!) Having said that, they have some beautiful hand-crafted items that would lend a fabulously unique touch to any event you are having. And even better, you are giving back to others while you are creating a beautiful event that will have guests asking, “Where can I get one of those?”
All of these items are in the clearance section of the website, so the price is nice. (You may have trouble getting large quantities of them, though.) Keep in mind, these are hand-crafted by artisans around the world, not mass produced in a factory, so while you may pay a little more than you might elsewhere, you are getting a higher quality product AND you are helping support and create sustainable economic growth for artisans in developing nations.
(End soap box speech and cue the all the pretty things.)
- Honey Mist Pillar Candle – a nice alternative to plain white or ivory pillars. Can’t you just imagine it tucked among some succulents or big, beautiful blossoms?
- Blue Sky Candle Holder– fits perfectly with Pantone’s newly announced 2016 Color of the Year: Serenity.
- Display Stand– hang small lanterns with tea lights or little pomanders full of beautiful blooms from this miniature shepherds hook.
- Twig Place Card Holder – perfect for escort cards at a rustic or woodland themed wedding, and it can double as a favor.
- Mercury Glass Candle Holder – because, really, can you ever have too many of these? (The answer is no, in case you were wondering.)
- Citronella Candle – keep all the bugs away from your outdoor event with this gorgeous alternative to the bright yellow wilderness candles.
The clearance page is a great place to get deals, but be sure to check out the rest of the full price offerings and the page about setting up your fair-trade wedding registry. The stock changes seasonally, so be sure to check your local store early and often to see what they have that tempts your eye (and your wallet).
DISCLOSURE: I have no material relationship to any brand mentioned in this post. Financial compensation was not received for this post. I have not tried any of the above products and this does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation of the individual products.